Loft Conversion Ideas
Go to our main site www.touchstonelofts.co.uk
If you have decided to consider a loft conversion you have decided you need more room in your home and the room above your ceilings may be the answer.
A loft conversion will provide you with up to around 400 square feet of living space, this is the typical space for a typical semi detached or terrace property. This can easily provide a large master suite and en suite. All you will need to start with is a loft space and a ridge height of over 2.1 metres. In some cases 2.0 metres is sufficient. If you have a trussed roof or a purlin roof and loft conversion will be possible.
Touchstone lofts have carried out many loft conversions where the loft space ridge height is 2.0 metres.
Touchstone lofts have carried out loft conversions to create two bedrooms and a bathroom from a typical semi detached house.
The staircase is always bespoke and can easily be located over your existing staircase.
So I hope that the above information is a brief but accurate short summary of the basic possibilities that what is possible in your loft space.
If you already know the above but just want loft conversion ideas, which is why you are probably reading this article, then lets proceed with that.
Finding a company to do the loft conversion, what do I need to consider-
- Use a well established loft conversion specialist for the best loft conversion ideas
- Use a company that is not an middleman who just sells the job on, but who has workers that do the conversion
- Use a company that has good affiliations like Masterbond/Buildrite
- Use a company that has a government and “Which?” recognised accreditation like “Trustmark”
- use a company that has a government recognised health and safety accreditation like CHAS for peace of mind for your family’s safety
- View reviews and visit or talk to previous customers
- Use a company that can do everything from plans and final works, hunting around rarely save money and you will be only paying one margin and one company will be responsible.
- use a company that can deal with all the plumbing issues as this will have to be balanced all around your home
- Use a company that you can pay a small deposit and then only pay when work is done
- Use a company that has been recognised by its customers as offering outstanding quality craftsmanship and excellent customer service and has won a national and prestigious award like Touchstone Lofts!!
- Well come one, that pretty difficult to beat.